The Client Brief
An enormous extension had been built. The client wanted to create a functional. stylish kitchen and family space that connected with the playroom that led off from the kitchen. They also had a spacious utility room.
It was a large space to fill – roughly around 350 square feet. The extension was L shaped but rather than have a typical 90 degree corner, it came in at 45 degrees.
There was also a pillar to work around.
The client had a long specification list of accessories they needed to fit in – three ovens, large hob, wine fridge and a specific ceiling extractor.
With the ceiling extractor, the duction ran through their office – so it was working out the best position of the hob that would work with the ducting route.
What we did
We designed the island to work with the column and 45’ angle. The table at the end of the island was cut around the pillar, reflected the 45’ angle.
We designed the space using a combination of textures and contrasting colour to create character and interest in what was a large open space.
- Wall units: Y- line High Gloss white, partial fit of lower doors in matt lacquer slate grey
- Island: Y-Line Matt Lacquer slate grey
- Worktops: Silestone Blanca zus
- Breakfast bar: Bespoke built to fit to size using Spekva in safari brasilica solid wood. Bespoke matching chunky shelves were also made for the walls
- Glass splashback in Sky Blue
Stunning use of space to create a wonderful family room
For useful guidance on how to start planning for your new kitchen check out our FREE guide.
For more information or to chat with one of our kitchen designers at our Richmond Road showroom call 020 8891 0483 or book a consultation here.